Summer Fruit Kebabs are awesome. They use up all the fruit that would go to waste in my fridge and ake the kids suddenly want to eat it. All because it’s on a stick? No, I don’t understand it either!
But on the days when letting them eat ice lollies all day is just too easy, I do like to whip up some of these and have them to hand in the fridge, or even in the freezer if your hardcore as an alternative. If you finish them off with leftover gnash from my Festival of Chocolate Cake recipe the kids think it’s a treat to eat fruit!
What you need:
- Kebab sticks
- Leftover gnash
- Fruit of all shapes and sizes!
- Pop the leftover gnash still in the squeezy bottle in the microwave for a few burst of 10 seconds. Just until it’s a nice liquid again. Leave to cool slightly while you make your Summer Fruit Kebabs.
- Chop all of your fruit so it’s around the same size.
- Feed each kebab stick through the fruit. Make sure you leave small gaps if you’re using a particularly squishy fruit. No one wants squashed raspberries on their kebabs.
- Stack them up and drizzle with your leftover gnash.
- Then pop them in the fridge to allow the chocolate to harden.
- These also work beautifully with mash mallows in the with fruit for children that have been particularly well behaved…or for grown-ups who haven’t!
These are perfect for little helpers to do you can even give them the pre-chopped fruit and let them create their own! As usual, if you love these or have a go at them yourself, Let me know! Hit me with a comment or link with me on my social media. I want to see your creations!